Merry Christmas! As I wait for our Christmas turkey in the oven, I figured I would make a post. This month I am home with my family in Jacksonville, Florida. One of my favorite places to go in Jacksonville is the Riverside/Avondale area. I learned about a new restaurant called “Black Sheep” over in that part of town so a friend and I decided to check it out! Black Sheep is a really cool space. The restuarant has big open windows, so you can people watch outside (which is one of my favorite things to do). It’s decorated really interesting light fixtures and black wooden tables and chairs. Pictured above is the following:
- Truffled Black Hog Farms Egg Toast: fontina cheese, market greens and herb salad
- Fried Green Olives stuffed with Pimento Cheese
- Fried Green Tomato BLT: thick cut bacon, little gem lettuce, black pepper aioli, southern pepper relish
- Shoestring Potatoes with ancho chile aioli
Mas is probably one of my favorite dinner spots in Charlottesville— food and ambiance wise. I took my friends here when they came to visit this past weekend, and they loved it too! We tried a lot of different dishes from mussels to bread smothered with apricot preserves, but this all I photographed before we scarfed it all down!
- Carne Asada
- Potato Bravas
- bacon wrapped dates….I repeat, bacon wrapped dates.